Thursday, December 18, 2008

"Can I..."

Yesterday morning, about every 3.5 minutes, Amanda asked, "Can I watch a movie?"

  • While I'm making breakfast, "can I watch a movie?"
  • After breakfast, "can I watch a movie?"
  • Trying to get the sisters out the door, "can I watch a movie?"
  • During kitchen clean-up, "can I watch a movie?"
  • While I'm making my bed and getting dressed, "can I watch a movie?"
  • Getting Claire up and dressed, "can I watch a movie?"
  • Trying to brush my teeth, "can I watch a movie?"
  • Getting Jacob going with school, "can I watch a movie?"
  • Starting a load of laundry, "can I watch a movie?"
  • Getting Amanda dressed, "can I watch a movie?"
I said no in as many nice ways as I could:
  • no
  • not yet
  • stop asking
  • go play with Jacob
  • go do your puzzles
  • stop asking for a movie
  • ..but the refrain I settled on the most was "when Jacob starts school and I sit down to nurse Claire".

When my nice voice finally ran out, she stopped asking for a movie.

She started asking: "Mom, can you nurse our baby now?"







3 comments:

Unknown said...

This is HYSTERICAL!!!!!
I hate it when my "nice" voice runs out and the "loud" voice takes over.

Amy said...

I want to watch a movie manda!I love her. She doesn't miss a thing!

Heidi said...

Smart girl!