Friday, February 5, 2010

Fan Etiquette

Imagine you are at the gym doing aerobics or Jazzercise.

Person A positions herself right in front of the fan, because she likes the fan blowing on her while she works out and gets all sweaty.

Person B walks in late, wearing sweatpants and sweatshirt. Proceeds to positions herself in front of Person A.

Person B quickly moves the fan around so it is pointing directly at her.... and then turns the fan off!

What?

This is the warm up song and I'm not sweating yet, but I... I mean, Person A wanted the fan.

I give Person B the benefit of the doubt. Maybe she's just wants if off for the first song.

Wrong.

Person B takes off the sweatpants during the next song. Then the sweatshirt on the next... but never did she make any motion or inkling about turning the fan back on.

So I did. I turned on the fan that I am now only receiving 20% of. Down from my previous 62%.

Then she leaves early. We had 3...maybe 4 songs to go.

Did I miss something?

Did she ever mean to turn it on... and maybe she forgot?

Was I in her spot?

Anyone? Anyone?

I'm sure there is proper fan etiquette... I just don't think Person B knows what it is!

1 comment:

Jana Brock said...

Now Jenn, I don't know about fan etiquette when you are working out. But when my fan is on in the bedroom when I am sleeping. You better not sneak in there and cut it off is all I'm saying, 'cause I'll come after ya.

Oh yea, I went in the workout room after Gary had been on the tread mill for 30 minutes and I turned on the ceiling fans. He likes to sweat and I don't when we workout. He let me win.