Sunday, November 7, 2010

Multnomah Falls


The kids and I went to Multnomah Falls last month.  They were out of school for a teacher workday and we headed out to see the falls.  You might remember that we drove past it on our way into Portland this summer, but did not stop because I already needed to go potty.  Well, I have discovered they actually have bathrooms near the gift shop, so we could have stopped and saved myself some discomfort...



We found the most interesting caterpillar on our way up to the bridge.


Here's Claire in her new-to-us stroller and that funny "cat-a-pilla".

When Jacob was born, we took pictures on this same bench.  Katy was younger than Amanda and Jacob was in the backpack.  Since it would require my finding and scanning that one, you'll just have to imagine it.

We sat there for about 20 minutes, watching the water fall and the leaves.  The falling leaves were my favorite part.  Absolutely beautiful leaves were falling from the trees up on top of the clliffs and floating down like big orange snowflakes.  I tried taking pictures, but none of them show how special it was. 
I guess you'll have to imagine that one too.





I had a great time with the kids. I think I'll take them up to Mt. Hood next, looks like there is already snow up there on that guy. 
(We've been reading a lot of Junie B. Jones around here lately!)

2 comments:

Heidi said...

I remember visiting Multnomah Falls when I was about 16. It was beautiful. The drive in was gorgeous too. What is really funny is that on the way my parents (mom, probably) talked all about how we could go to Multnomah Bible college and meet some nice Christian boy to marry. Well, I found mine right before I went off to Wheaton as a junior. Think of all the money I saved!

Love you guys! Thanks for all the photos. Claire is looking so big!

Will De Hart said...

It was so fun to see the pictures of you guys. I miss the crew.