Saturday, October 11, 2008

This one doesn't work...

Many of my kids have gone through a stage where they line everything up: hot wheels, plastic frogs, shoes, crayons, blocks, pans, silverware, bath toys - you get the picture.

Amanda is no different. She likes to color and Jacob's new box of 48 colors give her lots of crayons to lay out in a neat little row. She colors with one crayon then puts it in the box and picks up the next one.

But the other day she told me "this one doesn't work". I just smiled and kept going. On another day, she told me the same thing. The third time she said it, I laughed inside.

Today, she did it again. She took out all the crayons, lined them up on the little brown table, colored with each crayon before sticking it in the box and moving on to the next one.

Then I saw it on the couch. All alone and probably never to make it back to see her friends again or the box she once called home. There on the couch was "the crayon that doesn't work".

The white one.

5 comments:

Dame Katy said...

heehee try some diffrent colored paper....that might work better!

Katy

Heidi said...

I love that Amanda's truth. She says it like it is!

AUNTMEL said...

She is a keeper! and a smart one too!
Tell her Aunt Mel loves her.

Priscila said...

Can I steal her??!

I love you Commanda!

And does your white really say "Washington Space Needle"?? If it does, that's sad, it's our state :(

Love, Aunt Ceep

Rebekah said...

Wow, deep run her waters :). I think that may be one of the greatest things ever.

Rebekah