Saturday, November 8, 2008

The Sisters

I've never had twins before, but I knew I didn't want to refer to them as "the twins". So instead, we called them "the sisters". And it seems to work so far, although we do have lots of sisters in this family. And if you can't see their face and you aren't sure which one it is, they will answer to "sister". (I am already planning on doing a post for each one - but they are hard to separate.)
Since I've don't have my own personal twin, I don't really know what it's like to have someone my same age, with me, all the time. A built in playmate and another little voice inside my head, except it's on the outside. If I want to do something, we might have to take a vote, or take turns. (Oh wait, I do - it's Darren. Hahaha.)

Emily and Becca really get along well. They spend lots of time together and lots of time with the other kids. But there is a protectiveness to be "equal" all the time. Sometimes it's because I don't want my sister to get more and sometimes it's because I don't want my sister left out.
For example the loosing of the first tooth fiasco! (Wiggly Tooth Post - April 08)

The Sisters have a habit of deciding to play in the mud in their cute little dresses. Which I think makes them all the cuter. If it had walked out to find one of the other kids in the mud, they might have gotten in trouble. But if the sisters are both doing it, I run for the camera.

Other days we wear our pretty dresses with no mud in sight :)

It is wonderful fun to see these two growing up, a little every day.

Don't know what the next year holds, but I love the sisters . They are double the fun and apparently double the trouble!

3 comments:

Amy said...

Great Posts Aunt Jen. Everytime I go to my computer I am going to have to look and see the sweeties:)
Amy

Priscila said...

I love those sisters SOOOOO MUCH!!!
Thank you for sharing about them. They truly are special. I wish Ethan had a twin, life would be so much more fun!!!

Unknown said...

They are just adorable! I, too, stand in awe of teh bond Garrett and Maggie have! They can drive each other batty, but can't stand to be apart! They love each other SO much that they can't bear to see the other hurt, physically or emotionally. Yet they both battle for mommy's one on one attention ~ or to be the best. In my eyes or each other's I am not sure yet!!! But it does spur them on to continue to try new things, so I guess it's ok as long as I discuss their motives with them. SO good to see you blogging so I can keep up with you guys! How are YOU these days? Haven't heard much of an update on you, andhave been wondering! THANKS again for your prayers ~ your words have been repeated over and over again!!! I've made some updated posts to the blog, but haven't emailed them out. Figured those that want to know...know where to look :-) !
Anyhoo....the girls look great!! Thanks for sharing them with me!