Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Tabernacles


Jesus was Jewish, which means he celebrated the Jewish feasts. I am not Jewish, but I want to know about the feasts and celebrations that the Lord told the Israelites to do...forever.

During the Feast of Tabernacles (or Booths) the people build succas (or tabernacles or booths) to remember when they were in the wilderness for 40 years and the Lord said make me a booth so I can tabernacle with you.

We did our best to tabernacle with God at the end of September.

We ate lunch in the booth (tent).

We ate marshmellows ...

...roasted over an open flame.

We slept in the booth. Our booth has two rooms (thanks Aunt Mel and Audrey). So the littles slept perpendicular in their "room" on 2 crib mattresses and some couch cushions.
And the big ones slept parallel with our longer legs stretched out on a twin mattress thing and more couch cushions.

While the littlest one was warm and cozy inside the house. She was in the pack-n-play in the big room and I took the monitor outside with me.


It was fun and we only did it one night. Next year we'll go for two.

No comments: