Tuesday, June 22, 2010

"How are ya'll doing?"

I think we are doing well.

Darren started a Drupal job yesterday. Seems to like it so far...but I haven't talked to him today :)

Katy got her wish... her own room at grandma's AND her very own Facebook account! Like is good for the pre-teen sect. She actually got her horn out yesterday. Good to hear her squeaking, I mean, practicing. I think she and I are going to start taking advantage of the tennis courts across the street.

Jacob is with the cousins for a few days. I'm sure he's having a great time: food, DS, wrestling, tv, bikes and skateboards, repeat - who wants to come back over here?

The other are all in one room. Katy's old nursery. White picket fence wallpaper and a blue ceiling with clouds and glow in the dark stars. There's bunk beds, crib, toddler bed and dresser.... and that's all the room there is. They are ALL excited that grandma has stairs AND cable tv.

Layla treed a cat the other day... that was funny. I could hear the owner calling his cat, so I "tried" to pull Layla back. She's so strong. I was able to drag her some, so the cat could get down. The tree is on the outside of the fence, but I don't think either the dog or cat knew it :)

How is Jenn? Well, it's a bit tricky to have 6 kids in anyone's home for longer than...3 hours. They hit a lull in their playing and it's time to start making food again.

So being at the in-laws brings all that about, but there is also the joy of sneaking in to bed with grandma and watching early morning cartoons, or family meals with yummy desserts, and working in the garden (my favorite). With more work comes more memories... and a chance to make the kids work.

It really is great to be with the cousins and in-laws. We've been apart for a bit too long. We are trying to pace ourselves, just a little bit. Well, it's a nice theory.

We are praying through our options of where to live, closer to his parents or closer to his brother. The original plan was for us to visit for 2 months, so I figure we have that long to figure it out.

The weather is MUCH cooler than Texas. I am enjoying that. Maybe a bit too much rain, but I'm not complaining (very much).

Guess I'll go check on the raspberries before I head through the woods to find the girls (over at a friends house playing in the sprinkler).

Hugs and kisses to everyone.

We ARE doing well.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

It was so nice to talk to you today. Thanks for this update! I'll try to get photos on my blog soon. :-)