Thursday, May 8, 2008

Walking




I know they say don't start any exercise program until you've talked to your physician...but how about walking...7 months into your pregnancy. I don't mean walking around the house, I mean walking a far enough distance to get your heart rate up or maybe make your feet hurt (or in my case my left ball and socket joint).

I have 7 weeks left and I need to do something. When I was pregnant with the girls, I'd get up and grab a piece of fruit and my water bottle and walk 2 miles with my sister. When I got home Darren had made pancakes or omelets or both and made me eat EVERYTHING! But I was up and moving.

But I've done so little this time around that I am not sure I'll have enough energy to push Claire out...or what if I have to walk like I did with Amanda, trying to get those contractions to get regular.

So I've walked for 2 days in a row now. Last night Darren went with us to Dragonfly Ditch. Today the kids and I went after we finished our chore charts. 20 minutes there and 20 minutes back.

I think I can, I think I can.

No comments: