Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Back to school



My current brainpower is focused on school. Although all the kids around here started school this past week - Katy and Jacob won't be back until the end of September...then the grandparents don't leave until October.

So I guess our 2008-2009 school year won't start until mid October - all the children rejoice!

In the meantime, I am thinking about how to run my home and school and revisiting my favorite articles and websites about just that.

One article talked of how the mom loves a particular curriculum, but doesn't have the time/energy to do it perfectly, so she is using something else "that is getting done". She talked about after much research she picked her favorite science curriculum but it sits on the shelf while they use a less favorite because "it is getting done."

So I still have a month to decide if I am capable of using Sonlight (my all-time favorite curriculum) or if I need to settle on something else so we can "get it done."

There is another option I am looking into - K12 thru the state of Texas... I'll let you know what we decide :)

No comments: