Thursday, August 14, 2008

Home alone with alligators

Today was my first day home alone since the seizure. It's been about 2.5 weeks.

It's hard (fun, but hard) for me to be gone to someone else's home or have then here (I'd rather visit than do housework) and keep my house going... food, laundry, sweeping, etc.

Last week when Darren tried to leave me home so he could go to Radio Crap for an antena, I immediately felt the fear in my chest rising up. Nope, we'll all go and just wait in the van for you.

So today was my first day - I had high hopes. I prayed through some issues this weekend and had others pray for me. No fear here.

Just puking. Amanda.

What? She woke up saying her tummy hurt and she didn't eat anything for breakfast - just orange juice (I saw it later...along with the chili beans from last night).

Between holding and nursing Claire, and "hold you, please" Amanda - I didn't really get all the housework done I thought I would.

She only threw up the one time and she took a nap - but she didn't say much this morning and we watch lots of TV. Of course, I was holding her on the couch when she threw up...all over me, the red couch, the floor...ugh.

But as I held her I prayed...I put on my mommy voice and took authority over that sickness and said no more - we are covered by the blood of Jesus... so hit the road jack, you are not welcome here.


After her nap - she's a different girl. Although I am hesitant to feed her whatever she wants. I did give her more "alligator".

No comments: