Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Seizure Salad...

Sunday - July 27th - I had one of the longest and probably worst seizures I've ever had.

It started the night before with an awful headache. It felt like someone was squeezing my brain really hard. Even made me feel a little bit nauseaus. Bad enough that I decided not to go to church. While Darren was getting ready, I asked him if he smelled that plastic-y smell. But we didn't put all those pre-seizure things together...they were happening so far apart. I tried watching GOZ on the webcast, but my eyes were hurting so Claire and I took a nap.

After Darren and the kids got home, I had a grand mal seizure around 2pm. I bit my tongue, I was jerking, turned blue, etc. He called 911 and I got an ambulance ride to Denton Presby.

Due to the seizure or the meds they gave me... I don't really remember much. I came home and slept a good long stretch...maybe 7 hours. Don't know when the last time I slept that big of a chunk at one time. I have a newborn and I had a pregnant bladder before that :)

And that ClaireBelles...she is wonderful. I couldn't nurse her for 24 hours... so in the middle of the night (after the meds had worn off and I was able to stay awake) she took a bottle of cold formula from me. What a wonderful compliant and easygoing girl.

Now I'm on probation for a month... until we know the meds are working and I'm not having any "break thru" seizures. Darren's working from home at Katy's desk. He's also driving me everywhere, because I can't drive either. If he has to go somewhere without me ( like a meeting at UNT) I have to have a sitter... Jenn Care or Jenn Watch.

1 comment:

Rebekah said...

Jenn,
I have actually set up a blogger account, this is something I thought I would never do. I wanted to post on Katy's, however, now I am finding a lot of people I know with very interesting blogs. Anyway, love ya, just wanted to say hey.

Rebekah