Wednesday, February 18, 2009

How much shall I drink?

Did you know that the Mayo clinic recommends a nursing mommy to drink about 13 cups of fluid a day? ... that's 104 oz. of water or 4.5 of my big water cup with straw. I thought I was doing good when I drank 2...but that only ends up being 48 oz (or 6 cups). I need to up it to 5 of those!

They also have recommendations for a normal woman - 9 cups a day and for men - 13 cups a day.

Now they say that lots of our food has liquid in it, even drinks like coffee and soda have liquid, just don't use those as you main staples.

FYI - While we are on the subject of coffee.On another website, it says a nursing mom should drink no more than 5 cups of coffee a day. duh...no one should drink 5 cups of coffee a day....unless you are trying to keep the Alzheimer's away. They mention nothing about creamer.

2 comments:

Amy said...

I only drink the coffee for the creamer. Woops

jraedavis said...

For those people that have the time to pee 80 times a day after drinking 104 oz of H2O--hats off to ya...What does it say about Iced Tea because we go through gallons of that stuff a week :) hehe. I pray that we can drink more water because we don't drink hardly any now...