Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Jennifer's Birthday

In one smooth move...I deleted all the pictures from my birthday :(

A moment of silence please. A small tear in my eye.

However, I can tell you I had a wonderful time with my family and friends. I had a date with Darren while friends watched ALL 6 kids, dessert with same friends AND homemade blackberry scones from same friends (hint: it was the DeHarts).

So just imagine with me for a moment...

Katy made chocolate cupcakes (with nuts) all by herself.
- imagine: Katy in the kitchen with her apron on.

Amazingly, there was still some left for everyone.
- imagine: Katy with chocolate all around her mouth from licking the beaters.

Can you see 35 candles spread across 7 cupcakes? Someone's hair would have caught on fire! So I just used 3... which is a much safer number of candles for a cupcake.
- imagine: Jennifer blowing out her candles while Amanda tries to help.

Even Claire got one. I'm not nursing because I think it's so much better for her than real food...I'm still nursing my 8.5 month old because it is so much easier than formula or baby cereal.
- imagine:Claire with a chocolate chunk under her nose - think Hitler.

Here's the new pictures I got - they were on clearance at the local bookstore:
- imagine: picture 1 and picture 2 - both black and white photos with scripture underneath and matching frames

Darren (and all my happy noisy kids) let me take a nap.
- imagine: my warm cozy bed with the sheets pulled back.

I'm also taking my bike to the shop. And looking in to getting a trailer to pull Claire and Amanda when I ride it (Just an extra 60 - 70 lbs)
- imagine: my bike in the back of the van... I didn't actually take that picture, but you can still imagine.

Here's another picture I didn't take
...

When I woke up on my birthday I had magically lost 30 lbs!
- imagine: Jennifer looking super svelt in her new birthday outfit with perfect makeup and hair, gently blowing in the breeze and awesome manicure and pedicures.

Happy Happy Birthday to me!

No comments: