Sunday, January 11, 2009

Ode to Dr. Pepper

Back in November, Santa made an early trip in a brown UPS van bearing a box for me, straight from Dublin, Texas.


Someone knew mommy needed a case of Dr. Pepper made with sugar (not corn syrup), in my own little bottles, to drink when I wanted.

As I sit sipping the last one, I felt obligated to express my love for such a small treat.

Dr. Pepper, cold and sweet
a taste of goodness that's hard to beat.

A little bottle, that's all my own
those 23 flavors are hard to clone.

Made with sugar, not just syrup
hard to find, even in Europe.

But not for me, my friends you see,
a secret stash in the laundry room
means whenever I need a drink
I pretend I need the broom.

None of this would have been possible with out Aunt Mel and Audrey. Thanks :)

7 comments:

Priscila said...

YUMMY! And to think you had me believing Dr. Pepper was caffeine free for the whole time we were pregnant with Isaac and Jacob and our numerous trips to Taco Bell for our fix of Dr.P.!!!
Love you! Love those aunts!!!
Pris.

Amy said...

Love the ode to dr pepper. I am not drinking it right now. blasted weight loss goals.
WARNING!!
I can no longer visit your blog until you replace those glorious bottles with a new pic.

Will De Hart said...

Too much sugar over thar at the Peterson home.

I love how you revamped your blog. Gotta figure out now how to watermark the background...

Rebekah said...

I can fully relate to an out-of-balance affinity for empty calorie drinks. Loved the ode, great, warmed my heart and made me chuckle. Oh to feel such feelings!

Heidi said...

I'm just getting my broom...I mean my ginger-lemon sandwich cookies, I mean that fudge my Aunt Gretchen made...I mean I'm just putting away kids' dishes, and getting a napkin to wipe up the spilled milk. Can you guess where I keep my yummies?

AUNTMEL said...

What a poet!! and to celebrate the small fine things in life. It is the little things that count so much.
Do not worry about those "empty calories". Dr Dean Edel says one soda a day is not harmful. But the diet soda's are bad for you and that fake sugar never leaves the body. E-mail me that photo please so I too can dream of "ODE's" and post it at work.

Jana Brock said...

Hi, My name is Jennifer and I'm a Dr. Pepperaholic. :) You know I too was one when I was younger. I bet I could put away 6 a day with no problem. Of course I was scrawny and didn't worry about weight. Now I just drink pepsi with Gary. Love those kids for me, Nana