Thursday, January 8, 2009

January's Book of the Month: James

Darren and Katy have been talking about James. Well, I haven't read James in a long time...so we started a little game: to see who can read James the most this month. Luckily it's only 5 chapters long.

So far we are all tied at 2, even Jacob. Whereas Katy is reading for speed, I am trying to ponder it a little more, but I still want to beat her :) But the more I read it, the more she'll try to beat me... Just reading it twice has already started spontaneous conversations about it, which is really the point.... to read your bible and think about the One who wrote it.

So you are welcome to be part of our Book of the Month Club. If you read James this month, let us know and we'll put your name on our whiteboard.

Don't know what the prize is yet, but Katy and Jacob are asking for one :)

1 comment:

Jana Brock said...

Count me in!!!
How many times has Katy and Jacob already read it. Oh well, Nana is kinda of slow with some things. Let me know what ya'll are discussing.